Ask Me Questions

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Recording Studio Pt. 1

 
Recording Studio Pt. 1
 
I have been writing music for about eleven years now, starting at the age of fourteen. Though I never really took it seriously until around the age of nineteen. Extenuating circumstances and landed me in a position where I had all the time in the world to think and write new songs on a daily basis. Prison being one of the hardest trials I have been through, provided two saving graces, a feverish need to write my life in song, and a desire to bring my story to the forefront of society. This time alone, so to say, allowed me to develop a unique writing style and sound.
 
Never have been to an actual recording studio before, my first priority upon my release was to start recording as much as I could. I didn't know where to start, I had never even seen a recording studio, let alone stepped inside one. I dedicated my days to researching every studio in town, taking to it like a job. With a something as simple as a studio, you think the decision would be simple, and take no less then a day or two. I wanted the best I could get and felt I deserved nothing less. Many trips and tours of recording studios were fruitless efforts.
 
Money was tight; booking time, recording, and production work was expensive and seemingly impossible to get. All hope had seemed lost and I had recently taken a job at a restaurant and had lost my focus on my passion, music. While working there I had befriended a co-worker that claimed he recorded and produced music. After talking for a few weeks and willing to take the risk of recording at someones house, I scrounged up some money and drove over after work one day.
 
Stepping inside his living room through a sound proof curtain, what I saw was more than expected. He had turned his living room into as close to a recording studio as you possibly could. Sound proofing walls, the ceiling, having better than entry level equipment, and a work station that utilized PRO TOOLS 9; I was amazed at how seriously he took his craft. After talking about what I wanted to work on and how I wanted it to sound, he began to setup "the booth".  Waiting and looking around the room, I notice a photo frame displaying a degree. Upon further inspection I realize it is an Audio Engineering degree received from GTCC.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GhOst is the number one ranked hip-hop (rap) artist for the inland empire of California according to ReverbNation the internet's number one rated website for the music industry.

The inland empire includes the cities of San Bernardino, Riverside, Victorville, Apple Valley, Lucerne, Big Bear, Corona and Adelanto.

Hip hop music, also called hip-hop,rap music, or hip-hop music, is a music genre consisting of a stylized rhythmic music that commonly accompanies rapping, a rhythmic and rhyming speech that is chanted. It developed as part of hip hop culture, a subculture defined by four key stylistic elements: MCing/rapping, DJing/scratching, break dancing, and graffiti writing. Other elements include sampling (or synthesis), and beatboxing.

While often used to refer to rapping, "hip hop" more properly denotes the practice of the entire subculture. The term hip hop music is sometimes used synonymously with the term rap music, though rapping is not a required component of hip hop music; the genre may also incorporate other elements of hip hop culture, including DJing and scratching, beatboxing, and instrumental tracks